Hannah M. Ford
30 W. Pierce St. Coldwater, MI 49036
Bachelor of Arts, Hope College, Holland, MI
- Graduated July 2015, Summa Cum Laude, Dean’s List 6/6 Semesters
Major: English, Writing Emphasis; Minor: Communication
- Cumulative Grade Point Average: 3.98/4.0; Major GPA: 4.0
- “Buried Sawmill” in The 3288 Review
- “Sound Disappears” in The 3288 Review
- “How to Raise Her” in Lipstick Party Mag
- “Moxie” Editor’s Choice. Opus, Hope College Undergraduate Literary Publication
- “A House Divided.” Human interest piece. Humans of Hope at humansofhope.wordpress.com
- “Building Community” Human interest piece in Humans of Hope
- “Working Towards Discussion” Controversy/news piece in Humans of Hope
Honors , Awards and Memberships
- 2015 Phi Beta Kappa, 2015-present
- 2014 Mortar Board Alcor Chapter Inductee, selected as only junior in senior honor society
- 2015 Vienna Summer School Writing Competition winner, 1st place, nonfiction. 2nd place, poetry.
- 2015 Lilly Graduate Fellowship Nominee, Hope College. National application pending.
- 2015 Erika Brubaker Award for Proficiency in Literature
- 2015 Vienna Summer School Participant, June Term
- 2014 Erika Brubaker Award for Promising Achievements in the Study of Literature
- 2013-2015 Sigma Tau Delta English Honors Society Sorority
- 2012 Hope College Presidential Scholarship Recipient
- 2012 Daughters of the American Revolution Essay Competition State Winner and Regional Winner
Professional Work Experience
Barrier Island Environmental Education Program
Naturalist/Local Outreach Coordinator, 2016. Taught students, grades 3-10, in an engaging and natural setting. Conducted classes about ecology, herpetology, environmental succession, human environmental impact, ecosystems, and more. Designed and wrote posts for “Naturalists of BI” blog as sole author. Scheduled, organized, and conducted “Local Outreach” visits, in which students of the greater Charleston school system were offered presentations on herpetology by allowing students to engage with live snakes, alligators, turtles, and various amphibians. Served students and teachers through services shifts, including housekeeping, maintenance, and kitchen work.
English Department, Hope College – Holland, MI
Teacher’s Assistant. British Literature, Spring 2013, Fall 2014, Spring 2015. Grading reading reflection papers and end-of-term research papers and providing constructive criticism.
Teacher’s Assistant. Literature for Children and Adolescants, Spring 2015. Maintaining gradebooks and attendance records, organizing and creating relevant worksheets for students, grading and providing feedback for daily reflection papers and end-of-term papers.
Philosophy Department, Hope College – Holland, MI
Teacher’s Assistant. Cultural Heritage and Senior Seminar, Spring 2015. Organizing class handouts and readings, maintaining gradebooks and attendance records, grading and providing feedback for daily reflection papers and end-of-term research papers.
Jack Ridl Visiting Writer’s Series, Hope College English Department
Volunteer Staff, 2013-Spring 2015. Hosting visiting writers (E.J. Levy, Orlando Ricardo Menes, Joe Wilkins, Bob Mankoff, Matthew Baker, etc.) by escorting writers to and from hotels, readings, meals; occasionally introducing writers at community readings.
Academic Success Center, Hope College – Holland, MI
Tutor Manager, 2013. Organizing tutors, matching tutors with tutees, educating tutees about tutoring process.
Residential Life, Hope College – Holland, MI
Residential Assistant, 2013-2015. Fostering community, monitoring resident well-being and intervening in crisis, organizing events and fundraisers, mediating roommate conflict, maintaining records of resident behavior and hall behavior, attending weekly meetings and monthly training, budgeting allotted funds.
Holland Public Schools – Holland, MI
Volunteer Judge, 2015. As sole judge, read 8th grade poetry anthologies and selected winners of “Poems of Promise” Annual Poetry Competition.